About Rosehill Intermediate
Kia Ora, Talofa Lava, Malo e lelei, hwan-yeong, Bula Vinaka, Āpaka svāgata hai
A very warm welcome to Rosehill Intermediate School. This website introduces you to our school and the hopes and aspirations we have for your child.
Our school has unique characteristics and strengths that are particularly appropriate for meeting the needs of the emerging adolescents. The focus of each programme offered at RIS acknowledges the special nature of the age group we work with. Children of this age are capable of taking a leading role in their learning; they are capable of making decisions and realising consequences.
Upcoming Events in Term 4
- Boys & Girls Volleyball – R.I.S. Cross Country will take place on Thursday 18th October at Bruce Pulman Arena.
- Touch – 3 teams will be competing at Bruce Pulman Grounds on Tuesday 6th of November.
- RIS School Athletics Day – the school Athletics Day will take place at Massey Park on Friday 9th of November. Students will meet at the venue.
- Boys League – The event will take place at Bruce Pulman Fields in Papakura on Thursday 23rd August.
- R.I.S. Open Evening – our school will be hosting an open evening for new enrollments for the upcoming 2019 school year. This will take place on Wednesday 19th September from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Click on the link OPEN EVENING FLYER 2018 for further information.
- Badminton – Monday 27th August at Papakura Badminton Centre in Papakura.
- Boys Basketball & Girls Basketball – Friday 28th September at Bruce Pulman Arena
Rosehill Intermediate School Vision and Values
Rosehill Intermediate School will prepare students for a global future ensuring they are:
CONFIDENT – ‘fostering self-belief’
CONNECTED – ‘placing emphasis on communication skills’
LIFE LONG LEARNERS – ‘encouraging inquiring minds and promoting confidence’
RESPECT – to show care and concern for ourselves, others and our environment
INTEGRITY – to be honest and take responsibiltiy for our actions
SELF-MANAGEMENT – to be prepared and organised and perform to the best of our abilities