About Rosehill Intermediate
Kia Ora, Talofa Lava, Malo e lelei, hwan-yeong, Bula Vinaka, Āpaka svāgata hai
A very warm welcome to Rosehill Intermediate School. This website introduces you to our school and the hopes and aspirations we have for your child.
Our school has unique characteristics and strengths that are particularly appropriate for meeting the needs of the emerging adolescents. The focus of each programme offered at RIS acknowledges the special nature of the age group we work with. Children of this age are capable of taking a leading role in their learning; they are capable of making decisions and realising consequences.
Upcoming Events in Term 1
- Meet the Teacher Evening – opportunity for parents to meet their classroom teacher at 6:00 pm. Prior to this parents can attend Math Meeting at 5:00 pm and Netsafe meeting at 5:30 pm.
- Counties Zone Swimming – Friday 9th March at Jubilee Pool in Pukekohe.
- Counties Zone Ultra-Rippa Rugby – Tuesday 13th March – Bruce Pulman Park, Papakura.
- NZEI UNION MEETING – Tuesday 20th March – see details in School Newsletter and permission slips given to all students.
- Counties Zone Cricket – Tuesday 27th March – Bruce Pulman Park, Papakura.
- Counties Zone Orienteering – Friday 6th April – Auckland Botanical Gardens, Manurewa.
Rosehill Intermediate School Vision and Values
Rosehill Intermediate School will prepare students for a global future ensuring they are:
CONFIDENT – ‘fostering self-belief’
CONNECTED – ‘placing emphasis on communication skills’
LIFE LONG LEARNERS – ‘encouraging inquiring minds and promoting confidence’
RESPECT – to show care and concern for ourselves, others and our environment
INTEGRITY – to be honest and take responsibiltiy for our actions
SELF-MANAGEMENT – to be prepared and organised and perform to the best of our abilities