About Rosehill Intermediate
Kia Ora, Talofa Lava, Malo e lelei, hwan-yeong, Bula Vinaka, Āpaka svāgata hai
A very warm welcome to Rosehill Intermediate School. This website introduces you to our school and the hopes and aspirations we have for your child.
Our school has unique characteristics and strengths that are particularly appropriate for meeting the needs of emerging adolescents. The focus of each programme offered at RIS acknowledges the special nature of the age group we work with. Children of this age are capable of taking a leading role in their learning; they are capable of making decisions and realising consequences.
Upcoming Events in Term 1
- Boys Softball – Tuesday 26th February at Prince Edward Park Softball Diamonds, Papakura
- Girls Softball – Tuesday 5th March at Prince Edward Park Softball Diamonds, Papakura
- Counties Ultra-Rip Tournament – Wednesday 13th March at Bruce Pulman Park fields.
- Meet the Teacher Evening – Wednesday 13th March at Rosehill Intermediate school at 6 pm. This is a chance for parents to meet their teacher and briefly discuss the school expectations.
- Boys Football – Tuesday 9th of April at Drury Soccer plex.
BYOD – Chromebooks
It is highly recommended that students attending Rosehill Intermediate School have a Chromebook. Students will be notified when they are able to bring their device at the start of the year. The BYOD / Chromebook device must have a built-in Google operating system. If your child is unsure of the device please get them to speak with their teacher. Listed below are some of the BYOD devices the school will accept. These devices can be managed by the school domain/network. In most cases, the Google icon will appear on the outside cover of the device.
- Acer Chromebook
- HP Chromebook
- Lenovo Chromebook
- Samsung Chromebook
- Toshiba Chroembook
Rosehill Intermediate School Vision and Values
Rosehill Intermediate School will prepare students for a global future ensuring they are:
CONFIDENT – ‘fostering self-belief’
CONNECTED – ‘placing emphasis on communication skills’
LIFE LONG LEARNERS – ‘encouraging inquiring minds and promoting confidence’
RESPECT – to show care and concern for ourselves, others and our environment
INTEGRITY – to be honest and take responsibiltiy for our actions
SELF-MANAGEMENT – to be prepared and organised and perform to the best of our abilities