Kia ora koutou
New Zealand moved to Alert Level 2 on Monday 18th May. At Alert Level 2, it is safe for Rosehill Intermediate to open to all students. However, we understand some students may need to remain home due to higher risk of illness from COVID-19.
What are the principles of Alert Level 2?
COVID-19 is primarily a public health matter. The Ministry of Health sets the requirements for preventing the disease’s spread. We expect PCBUs to implement and maintain the infectious disease control measures it’s identified.
The COVID-19 controls for work and workplaces are:
- ensure people with COVID-19 symptoms stay off the premises
- maintain physical distancing
- enable good hygiene practices
- keep track of people that enter the premises.
Alert Level 2 at School
❖ Reduce the risk of someone getting infected with Covid-19:
- If a student is sick they must not come to school. Parents will need to immediately collect any student who either arrives at school unwell, or becomes unwell during the day.
- Restrict contact with ‘strangers’. This means that we will be limiting visitors to the School. Sorry parents, but you are categorised as ‘strangers’ because you are not here every day as part of the school community. If you want to see a staff member you will need to make a scheduled appointment and we will make sure we document details of whoever is onsite as a visitor, for contact tracing purposes. Visitors to the office will be restricted to 1 at any one time, and the office will be locked to ensure this is adhered to.
❖ Quickly identify anyone who may be infected. Any student who is symptomatic needs to stay at home. If they arrive at school they will be isolated and parents will need to come immediately to collect the student, and seek medical advice. Please make sure that we have correct contact details so this can happen smoothly.
❖ Contact trace – schools are well set up for contact tracing during class time and at co-curricular activities as attendance is recorded.
❖ All classrooms at school will have a hand sanitising station outside. Students will use this before they enter and exit the classroom
❖ All students will wipe down with industrial disinfectant, their work space every morning, and every afternoon.
❖ Student assemblies, sports will be limited to 100 students, so sadly there will be no whole school assembly at this point.
❖ Students will be reminded that safe distances must be maintained at all times, no touching or breathing on others.
Nga mihi nui
Maria Owers – Principal