About Rosehill Intermediate
Kia Ora, Talofa Lava, Malo e lelei, hwan-yeong, Bula Vinaka, Āpaka svāgata hai
A very warm welcome to Rosehill Intermediate School. This website introduces you to our school and the hopes and aspirations we have for your child.
Our school has unique characteristics and strengths that are particularly appropriate for meeting the needs of the emerging adolescents. The focus of each programme offered at RIS acknowledges the special nature of the age group we work with. Children of this age are capable of taking a leading role in their learning; they are capable of making decisions and realising consequences.
Upcoming Events in Term 4
- Touch – 3 teams will be competing at Bruce Pulman Grounds on Tuesday 6th of November.
- RIS School Athletics Day – the school Athletics Day will take place at Massey Park on Friday 9th of November. Students will meet at the venue.
- Counties Zone Athletics – students who qualify will compete at Massey Park on Tuesday 20th November.
- Wider Living Week – Monday November 26th to Friday 30th November.
- RIS Prize Giving – Thursday 6th December the students, staff and parents are welcome to attend the school prize giving. Further details will appear in the school newsletter.
- RIS Service Awards – Friday 7th December at 11:15 am in the school hall.
- Year 8 Graduation Dinner – Tuesday 11th December at 6:00 pm in the school hall.
- Last Day of School Year – Friday 14th December is the last day of school. Students will take home their EOY Reports. Dismissal is 12:35 pm.
Rosehill Intermediate School Vision and Values
Rosehill Intermediate School will prepare students for a global future ensuring they are:
CONFIDENT – ‘fostering self-belief’
CONNECTED – ‘placing emphasis on communication skills’
LIFE LONG LEARNERS – ‘encouraging inquiring minds and promoting confidence’
RESPECT – to show care and concern for ourselves, others and our environment
INTEGRITY – to be honest and take responsibiltiy for our actions
SELF-MANAGEMENT – to be prepared and organised and perform to the best of our abilities